Water Damage Caused by Hot Water Tank Rupture
A hot water tank rupture can result in gallons of water being spilled causing tremendous damage to floors and furniture in your home.
Common causes of hot water tank ruptures:
- Excessive Pressure
As excessive pressure continues to build up inside the hot water tank, it can result in a hot water tank rupture.
- Rust and Corrosion
Corrosion and rust in hot water tanks causes leakage. Neglecting the corrosion will ultimately lead to a hot water tank rupture.
- Temperature Levels
Hot water tanks have a certain temperature-pressure (TPR) value. Increase in temperature level above the unsafe levels can cause the water tank to rupture.
Water damage caused by a hot water tank rupture can occur at any time of the day, any day of the year, which is why Winmar Georgian Bay Muskoka is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for all emergency water damage situations.
Winmar Georgian Bay Muskoka's restoration services for water damage caused by hot water tank rupture include:
- Water extraction from hard surfaces including hardwood, concrete or vinyl
- Water extraction from carpets and rugs using weighted extractions like water claws and rovers
- Specialty floor drying and applied structural drying
- Wall cavity drying to remove dampness
- Effective drying using low grain refrigerant dehumidifiers to desiccant
- Heat drying services
- Commercial drying using large scale desiccants and large scale distribution systems
- Immediate set-up of drying equipment to stabilize the environment to prevent mould growth
In order to prevent further water damage in your home caused by a hot water tank rupture, contact a Winmar Georgian Bay Muskoka specialist today. Serving Georgian Bay, Muskoka, Collingwood and Midland-Penetang.